The Landing is known as having the nation’s best clinical setting for men to build a foundation and momentum in their sobriety.
Highly Effective Treatment – Right on the Sand
The mission of The Landing is to provide “the best possible chance for a man to achieve long term recovery.”The Landing is a closed environment that is very structured and monitored. Relapse during the treatment process is almost unheard of. However, the process is very comfortable and rewarding – making adopting new behaviors as attractive as possible.
Men will typically stay at the landing for the first 30-90 days of treatment (after detox – which typically lasts less than a week). Every day the man will be building toward life after The Landing:
- by planning how he will cope with stressors that might cause relapse
- by working with our counselors on a “continuing care plan” (we recommend “stepping down” to a lower level of care and getting involved in 12-Step community).
Here are Some Reasons to Consider The Landing:
Multi Disciplinary Staff and A Variety of Processes
- We have a broad range of workshop topics and an wide array of physical activities to keep the recovering man invested in the process and progressing forward
- We are a closed environment but men will take monitored outings to 12-Step support meetings in the Newport Beach community
- We have an active and long-standing alumni community that has been developing for the last 25 years
- We have a network of the world’s best clinical professionals (25 years in the making) that allows us to provide the best match for any unique needs a client presents
- As part of Sober Living by the Sea, we provide the entire continuum of care from detox to outpatient care based out of one central campus
- We have a monthly family program that addresses the recovery needs of the affected family members
- We have a staff of legal experts who attend court appearances and provide legal counsel
Why The Landing of Newport Beach is Different
(for Addiction Professionals)
- We do a pre-screening and initial assessment of every client upon intake
- We offer highly supervised primary care and can seamlessly transition our male clients to an excellent extended care residential program
- We offer psychiatric evaluations and psychological testing
- We have a mandatory drug and alcohol testing regimen that occurs every 72 hours and frequent surprise tests
- We are staffed and qualified for dual diagnosis clients
- We offer Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- We offer Hypnotherapy
- Our gender specific facility is very highly supervised and a responsible destination for relapse prone men
- We have on site 12-Step Meetings and also have the Newport Club within our campus
- We provide extensive continuing care planning and notify the client’s referent of the plan prior to client discharge
- Our Continuing Care Department monitors clients closely during the first year after discharge
- We have staff on site and also at the Central Office available twenty four hours a day
Questions To Ask
The below questions are questions we recommend that you ask other treatment centers when you are talking to them
- How long have you been treating chemical dependency?
- Do you have a “men’s only” treatment program?
- How many counselors do you have on staff, and how long have they been there?
- Do you have a nationwide referral network of addiction professionals for continuing care planning?
- Do you have a family program to address the needs of affected family members?
- Do you screen for dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorders? Are you equipped to handle dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorders?
- Do you have staff that is trained and certified to administer medication?
- Do you have staff monitoring the premises twenty four hours a day?
- Do you have doctors, nurses, counselors, therapists, addictionologists, and interventionists on staff?
- Do you have a college program that provides recovering students a great opportunity to earn accredited units?
- Do you test for drugs and alcohol multiple times a week with frequent surprise tests?
- Do you have exclusive facilities for executives or others who are concerned about privacy?
- Do you have legal experts and court experience?
- Do you have special training in helping clients who are chemically dependent on prescription medication?
- Do you actually perform all of the services you offer or do you outsource many of them to other agencies?
- Are you court/probation approved?
- Do you have an alumni network? A weekly alumni meeting? Do you have mailed and e-mailed alumni newsletters? Frequent alumni events and reunions?
Getting Here is the Key
If the man who is struggling with addiction can just get to the Landing, they will find that they can turn over their recovery to the guidance and support of the excellent staff for the next thirty days. Call The Landing admissions for more information including:
- getting connected with an interventionist
- help with scheduling transportation
- setting up a tour of our facility